Monday, January 25, 2016

On the Menu


I started a new type of post last week - On the Menu.  I shared my menu for the week and a tip for meal planning - be flexible. I had to take my own advice last week. After shopping for a week of fresh meat and ingredients, my daughter got sick and it all went out the window. 
I immediately froze the chicken and short ribs, used the fresh veggies and herbs for different dishes later in the week, and ended up making my weekend meals at the end of the week. You always have to be ready to adjust because, well, that's life!
This week I have some carry over meals from last week, as well as a few new things. Here's what's cooking this week - 
Sat/Sun during the blizzard: Guinness Beef Stew and No-Knead Crusty Bread
Monday: French Onion Braised Chicken and sauteed baby greens
Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
Wednesday: Guinness Pulled Pork and Cole Slaw
Thursday: Leftovers made into nachos
Friday: Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Soup for the Week - a new recipe, Italian Orzo and Spinach with Fire Roasted Tomatoes
Have a great week!! 

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment